As a result of the recent uptick of positive student Covid-19 cases and a large number of close contacts, all students in grades 8-12 will be shifting to virtual learning Wednesday, November 11 through Tuesday, November 24, 2020. Students will return to in-person learning on Monday, November 30 following the Thanksgiving break.
Students in grades PreK-7 will continue daily in-person learning.
- Students will be expected to virtually attend their regular class periods 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for direct instruction from their teachers. Students will be expected to login at the start of each period and be an active class participant. Students are responsible for all assignments and assessments as determined by their teachers.
- If your child has a special circumstance that limits his/her ability to learn virtually, you will be contacted by a teacher of record.
- Please contact your building principal via email if you have Internet connectivity issues.
- Students who attend CTE classes at other schools will continue to travel to those programs at their scheduled times.
- Bus transportation will continue to operate.
- School lunch and breakfast will continue to be available to students who wish to participate.
- Meals will be available for pick up at JHS from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. daily for students in grades 8-12. Each daily meal will contain that day’s hot lunch and a breakfast for the next day.
- Due to recent USDA waivers, all meals to enrolled students are currently free. Students do not need to be present to pick up meals.
- If your student(s) is a virtual learner temporarily, they will no longer be eligible for this pick up service once in-person learning resumes at their school.
- In order to participate, please complete the form found at https://forms.gle/gTmybfDpWhnE3KFC9.
- Please understand that completing this form indicates to us to prepare meals for your student(s). If you request meals and don’t pick them up, we will have to throw the food away.
- You can end meal pick-up at any time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to end meal pick-up
- Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have about our Food Service Program.
- Extra-curricular practices may continue with special attention to mitigation protocols as a high priority. All scheduled ECA events will be limited to the participants and their parents as spectators during this 2-week period.
As we have communicated all along, the positive cases of Covid that have occurred in the school setting are generally related to outside activities and personal choices of our students. Unfortunately, a few positive cases can result in a large number of healthy students being excluded due to quarantine requirements. This brief shift to virtual learning should be a time to focus on class assignments and prioritize the personal choices that will assure our ability to continue in-person instruction and the extra activities that we wish to continue. We can do better!
Again, students in grades 8-12 will shift to virtual learning beginning Wednesday, November 11. In-person instruction will resume on Monday, November 30 for these students.